The Daily Mail is the largest online newspaper, and also seems to be one of the few to take their Windows app seriously, with numerous unique Windows-only features such a secondary live tiles which are chasable for example.
It supports desktop, mobile, the Xbox and even the HoloLens and has the following features:
- Over 15 Channels of must-read articles and photos – that’s over 800+ original stories every day!
- Offline Mode: Pre-load stories to access when you’re offline or without reception – great for commutes!
- Location: Channel layout automatically changes for US, UK, Australia / Rest of World to ensure you get the news most relevant to you.
- Express Yourself: Post your Comments on articles or Rate other user’s comments that you like or dislike.
- Custom Settings: Select when data and images sync based on your preferred connection (Wi-Fi or Always).
- Read Later: Save Articles for reading later – always available copy no matter where you are!
- Share: articles and photos via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email and many more
The developer recently added Xbox detection and prompted the user to use the Xbox companion app, added more support for secondary live tiles, set image caching to work only over metered connections, let users pin sub-channels, made secondary live tiles chasable by default, improved background tasks and enabled updating of profile fields.
The Daily Mail’s politics are of course controversial, but I hope other publications can match the Mail’s commitment to their Windows Store app.
The app can be downloaded from the Windows Store here.
Developer: Associated Newspapers Ltd.
نویسنده : محمد رضا جوادیان بازدید : 2 تاريخ : پنجشنبه
1396 ساعت: 21:28