Two weeks ago Microsoft rolled out the much awaited Build 17063 which brought many features including Timeline and Sets (for some users). The build was packed with features and as usual, has a few glitches as well.
The build has been somewhat problematic, leading to Microsoft a few days later adding 3 new known issues to the list of problems Insiders can expect if they run the build.
Now Microsoft has added a few more, which include:
- ADDED 1/4/18: Some PCs will bugcheck (GSOD) when entering into Connected Standby.
- ADDED 1/4/18: When you open Task View immediately after an upgrade, Timeline may not be visible. If you encounter this, wait 15-30min and try launching Task View again.
- ADDED 1/4/18: We’re investigating an issue where some Bluetooth devices don’t work on this build and Device Manager shows error 43 for these drivers.
- ADDED 1/4/18: The Settings app may crash on certain pages if the Settings window isn’t big enough. Windows Update Settings is one of the pages impacted. If you’re experiencing this, maximizing the Settings window (so it’s full screen) will resolve it.
- ADDED 1/4/18: In certain cases, USB devices with unreliable connections may cause bugchecks (GSOD) on PCs.
- ADDED 12/21: We are investigating reports that Windows shows that it “needs activation” and trying to activate fails after upgrading to Build 17063. UPDATE 1/4: To get back into an activated state, you’ll need to rollback to the previous build. If rollback is not an option – you’ll have to wait for the next build with the fix.
The full list of issues include:
- Popular Tencent games like League of Legends and NBA2k Online may cause 64-bit PCs to bugcheck (GSOD).
- [DEVELOPERS] Deploying an x86 app to a x64 PC remotely result in “FileNotFound” deployment failures if the target PC is running Build 17040. Deploying an x64 app to a x64 PC remotely or a x86 app to a x86 PC will work fine.
- Microsoft Edge may not receive Push Notifications from websites in this flight, due to an issue saving permissions on a per-site basis. We expect this issue to be resolved in the next preview build.
- Launching an immersive 360 degree video from the Movies and TV app within Windows Mixed Reality will result in the video facing the wrong way. Subsequent launches of 360 degree videos will work correctly.
- When users try to create a Microsoft Edge InPrivate window from inside a Mixed Reality headset, a regular window will get created instead. Users won’t be able to use InPrivate inside Mixed Reality in this build. InPrivate on desktop is not affected.
- We’re preparing for the inclusion of OpenSSH Server as a deployment mechanism in Developer Mode. However the UI code got checked in ahead of the components, and so while there is a “Use OpenSSH (Beta) for remote deployment” switch in the UI under Settings, it won’t work, and turning it on will break remote deployment to that device until the switch is turned off.
- If you’re using any EUDC fonts Microsoft Edge, Cortana, and other apps that use a webview won’t launch. You can resolve this issue by deleting the HKCUEUDC key in Registry Editor. Note, if you do this, you won’t be able to see EUDC characters. We recommend you export this regkey before deleting it, so it’s easy to reapply the key in a future flight once the issue has been fixed.
- After upgrading to this build you may find touch and pen to not work on the non-primary display. Related to this, mouse, touch, and pen input might not happen in the right place after an orientation change or if you’re using a non-native aspect ratio. We’re working on a fix.
- WORKAROUND: Open an elevated Command Prompt, input the following, and reboot:reg add HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsDwm /v ConfigureInput /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- ADDED 12/21: While navigating through OOBE, some of the buttons in the pages may not display correctly. In case of running into this, use the keyboard and tab forward through the page’s controls, or hover over blank areas of the screen and buttons will be rendered in the process. This should unblock you and allow you to continue through the OOBE flow.
- ADDED 12/21: Audio may not work in certain apps like Firefox after upgrading to Build 17063.
Do any of our readers are facing these new known issues? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
نویسنده : محمد رضا جوادیان بازدید : 1 تاريخ : جمعه
1396 ساعت: 10:15