Last month, Microsoft announced a major reorganization inside the company with changes to its executive leadership and the formation of two new engineering teams. Today, ZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley reported some more reorganization news. Below are the changes according to the report.
- Joe Belfiore who leads the Windows experiences team will now also be responsible for Education, OneNote and Wunderlist/To-Do.
- Skype consumer team is moving under Outlook team which is lead by Gaurav Sareen, Corporate Vice President of Outlook, Yammer and Office 365 Groups.
Moving Skype team under Outlook team makes sense to me. But I’m not sure how OneNote and Wunderlist/To-Do will fit into Windows experience team. It should be under Office product group in my opinion. Anyway, Microsoft has not yet confirmed these changes. You can read about the changes which Microsoft officially announced last month below:
- Terry Myerson, who led Windows and Devices group is leaving the company.
- Rajesh Jha, EVP of Office group will now lead a new team focused on Experiences & Devices.
- Panos Panay is the new Chief Product Officer at Microsoft responsible for hardware efforts.
- Joe Belfiore will lead the Windows experiences team.
- Kudo Tsunoda will continue to lead New Experiences and Technology group which has products like Paint 3D, Photos app and more.
- Brad Anderson will continue to lead Enterprise Mobility and Management efforts.
- Scott Guthrie will lead a new team focused on Cloud + AI Platform.
- Jason Zander is the new EVP of Azure.
- Alex Kipman will lead the new AI Perception & Mixed Reality (MR) team which brings together all of Microsoft’s speech, vision, MR and additional perception capabilities.
- Eric Boyd will lead will lead the new AI Cognitive Services & Platform.
- Harry Shum will continue to lead AI + Research team which will help in the key technology advances required across all our product teams.
- Microsoft’s AI and Ethics in Engineering and Research (AETHER) Committee led by Harry and Brad Smith will focus on proactive formulation of internal policies related to AI.
Satya Nadella believes that these organizational changes will enable Microsoft to step up to the opportunity and responsibility across all of Solution Areas. You can read his full email which he sent to Microsoft employees here.
نویسنده : محمد رضا جوادیان
بازدید : 0
تاريخ : چهارشنبه
1397 ساعت: 0:12